If you are a beginner and interested in starting a
A company like
Let me give you a peace of advice , you don’t have to be an expert to start a blog. Begin with the little knowledge you have and you never know it might work for you. Another thing I must mention is, there are a couple of other topics you can write about without necessarily doing News and Gossip. Here are some other profitable niche topics you can write about and become a successful blogger.
- Life and style
- Health and fitness
- Ho to do something “popularly known as How To’s”
Some of the resources you need to have to start a blog in kenya:
- Blogging platform
- Web hosting company
- Premium or free theme
- WordPress – It’s the most popular and powerful website builder at the moment. This is what I use and recommend as well.Remember there is a diffrence between self hosted wordpress.org and wordpress.com.Always go with wordpress.org if you want flexibility.
- Wix – Though I haven’t tried it yet. Wix is also a very good option for starters who don’t know how to code completely. It’s good to note that its growing at a very high speed.
- Shopify – If you want to open an online store, then this is the best deal.
Web hosting company
- Bluehost – Its one of the best web hosting companies . Its even recommended by wordpress. A domain goes for $10 and hosting for $3.95/month .
- SiteGround – This is also another good hosting company.There start up plan goes for $3.95/mo. 10 GB Web Space ~10,000 Visits Monthly.
- Truehost – They are one of the top hosting companies in kenya.They provide cheap web hosting plans starting at KES. 570 for .CO.KE domains. silver hosting goes for Ksh.999 which I recommend instead of the free version which has 1 GB disc space.
Must Have plugins
- Really Simple SSL – Converts all your
http url’sinto secure https url’s.
- MonsterInsights – The plugin gives you Google Analytics statistics on your
- Yoast SEO –
Bestfree plugin for SEO and getting more traffic.
- MailChimp – Used for email marketing.
- Akismet – Protects you from comment spam.
- ThirstyAfﬁliates – Manages affiliate links.
- AdSanity – Manages banner ads.
- Sucuri – makes sure your website is secure from attackers.
- VaultPress – offers backup for your website.
- contact form 7 – Best free contact form.
- WP Super Cache – Best catching plugin.
- Elementor – Its the best free drag and drop page builder for
- Insert Headers and Footers – used when you want to add code snippets to your WordPress header or
- Grammarly – It’s an online grammar checker tool. It checks for spelling, grammar errors when writing your blog
- Canva –
itsa graphic design tool .
Depending on your
- Elegant Themes (Divi theme) – premium
- Studio press themes – premium
- Allegiant – free
- Hestia – free
- ColorMag magazine theme – free
Starting a blog in